Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Your Son

When we first met, I remember thinking almost immediately that I could see where he got his eyes, his kindness. You welcomed me into your heart almost immediately and never let me go. Along with your mother and sisters, you all gave him a most special gift you could have ever given him - the natural instinct of how to love, treasure and respect his wife. It's almost as if you each prepared him for me, in different ways. I'm not saying that he's perfect, he's human after all. But there's no denying he's the right fit for me.

Today, I celebrate another year of life with the man you brought into this world. I miss you.

I wish I could tell you this over the phone. I would give almost anything to hear your voice as you deny you had anything to do with the good parts of your son. Giving full credit to his father, which by the way, you're right...once I met him I loved him and I totally understand what you were telling me all those times. Not once did you criticize his father. If anything, you praised him for the man that he is. Your respect for his father made me respect you even more.

Today, I celebrate another year of life with the man you brought into this world. I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats