Monday, March 1, 2010

Yummy Brownie Addiction

Earlier this week a craving for the Best Cocoa Brownies succumbed me and yesterday, after attending a screening of the documentary Mall R Us, I stocked up on Ghiradelli Unsweetened Cocoa to indulge in my recent baking passion. I've made this wonderful recipe about five or possibly six times since I discovered it a couple months ago on the Smitten Kitchen blog, which is a good indication that this is one fabulous recipe.

Ironically enough, I've never been one to be a chocolate lover. I know most people would think me to be crazy or can't relate to this, but it's true. As a matter of fact, I rarely crave chocolate and it wasn't until my late twenties, maybe earlier thirties, that I fully understood the differences of chocolate. Although I may not be a chocolate lover, I am a food lover and I know a good thing when I taste it.

These brownies are slightly different than your usual brownie because it calls for cocoa, rather than chocolate morsels that you'll find your usual brownie recipe calls for. This is the only ingredient that I can say makes this a unique brownie. Not being very good at following recipes to the exact, this one I recommend following as exact as possible. Even to the extent of lining your baking dish or pan with parchment paper or foil. I line with foil and coat with butter or ghee, if you have on hand, which is what I used. This makes for easy clean-up and guarantees no sticking!

In my opinion, these are definitely the Best Cocoa Brownies! Thanks Smitten Kitchen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats